Web Site Privacy Statement
AFB International provides products and services to businesses. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, disclose and retain information about people with whom we come in contact (referred to as “you”) in the course of our dealings with customers and other relevant persons on the afbinternational.com website (referred to as the “Site”) to safeguard privacy of personal information. This includes employees, officers, directors, beneficial owners and other personnel of our customers, service providers and other business counterparties (referred to as “Your Organization”). This Privacy Statement applies to the Site and all products and services offered by AFB International. Please read this statement carefully before using the Site.
1. Children under the age of 16
The Site is not intended or designed to attract children 16 years of age or younger. It is not our policy or practice to intentionally collect or store information about anyone age 16 or younger.
2. Where Do We Obtain Personal Data About You?
We process personal data that you provide to us directly or that we learn about you from your use of our systems and our communications and other dealings with you and/or Your Organization. Your Organization will also give us some personal data about you. This may include your title and job description, contact details such as your business email address, physical address and telephone number and other information required for know your customer screening, anti-money laundering or related checking purposes. We also obtain some personal data about you from publicly available websites, databases and other public data sources. You can always refuse to supply personal information, except it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
3. Why Do We Process Your Personal Data?
We collect or process your personal data, as necessary to pursue our legitimate business and other interests, for the following reasons:
- to provide products and services to our customers and to communicate with them;
- to administer and improve our business and customer and service provider and relationships and for marketing, business development and analysis purposes;
- to understand the use of our products for system administration, testing and support purposes;
- to manage our information technology and to ensure the security of our systems;
- to establish or defend legal claims or rights and to protect, exercise and enforce our rights, property or safety, or to assist our customers or others to do this; and
- to investigate and respond to complaints or incidents relating to us or our business, to maintain service quality and to train staff to deal with complaints and disputes. We also process your personal data to comply with laws and regulations as we feel are reasonably necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in cooperating with regulators and other authorities, complying with foreign laws, preventing or detecting financial and regulatory breaches, and protecting our business.
This involves processing your personal data for the following reasons:
- to cooperate with, respond to requests from, and/or other activity to, government, tax or regulatory bodies, counterparties, courts or other third parties;
- to understand the use of our products for risk assessment purposes;
- to conduct compliance activities such as audit and reporting, assessing and managing risk, maintenance of our records, fraud and anti-money laundering prevention and measures relating to antiterrorism laws and regulations. This includes know your customer screening (if applicable); and
- to record and/or monitor telephone conversations to maintain service quality and security, for staff training and fraud monitoring and to deal with complaints, disputes and the like.
To the extent permitted by law, these recordings are our sole property.
In most cases we do not rely on consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data. If we do rely on your consent we will make this clear to you at the time we ask for your consent. If you do not provide information that we request, we may not be able to provide (or continue providing) relevant products or services to, or otherwise do business with, you or Your Organization.
4. Anonymous Information
We may collect anonymous information about you or Your Organization when you navigate or interact with the Site. This may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about how you connect to our Site, such as the operating system, internet service providers utilized, and other similar information. The anonymous information we collect is statistical data and does not identify an individual. It helps us to administer and improve our Site and deliver a better Site experience.
5. Web browser cookies
6. Where Do We Transfer Your Personal Data and How is it Protected?
We may transfer your personal data to our affiliates, regulatory, tax and governmental authorities, courts, service providers and other business counterparties located in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which have different data protection standards to those of the EEA. This includes transfers of personal data to/from the United States of America or other countries. When we transfer your personal data to our affiliates, service providers or other business counterparties, we will ensure that personal data protections are in place as required by applicable law to prevent against unauthorized access.
7. To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Data?
We disclose your personal data, for the reasons set out in Section 3, as follows:
- to Your Organization in connection with the products and services that we provide to it if Your Organization is our customer, or otherwise in connection with our dealings with Your Organization;
- to our affiliates to manage the Company’s customer, service provider and other business counterparty relationships;
- to banks, payment infrastructure providers and other persons from whom we receive, or to whom we make, payments;
- to financial institutions, governmental authorities, insurers, or credit assessors, in each case in connection with the products and services that we provide to Your Organization if Your Organization is our customer;
- to service providers that provide application processing, fraud monitoring, hosting services and other technology and business process outsourcing services;
- to our professional service providers (e.g., legal advisors, accountants, auditors, insurers and tax advisors);
- to legal advisors, government and law enforcement authorities and other persons involved in, or contemplating, legal proceedings; and
- to other persons where disclosure is required by law or to enable products and services to be provided to you or our customers.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal data to others. We may share generic aggregated anonymous demographic information not linked to any personal data regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
8. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes of our relationship with you or Your Organization or in connection with performing an agreement with a customer or Your Organization or complying with legal or regulatory obligation.
9. What Are Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
You can ask us to: (i) provide you with a copy of your personal data; (ii) correct your personal data; (iii) erase your personal data; or (iv) restrict our processing of your personal data. You can also opt out of the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or object to our other processing of your personal data. These rights will be limited in some situations; for example, where we are required to process your personal data by European Union or European Union member state law.
To exercise these rights or if you have questions about how we process your personal data, please contact us using the contact details in Section 12. We can provide copies of the data transfer safeguards referred to in Section 6. You can also contact the relevant data protection authorities in the EEA member state where you live or work or where you have data protection questions.
10. Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may change or update this Privacy Statement at any time at our discretion. When we do, we will revise the update date at the bottom of this page. We encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal data we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Privacy Statement periodically for changes.
11. Acceptance of These Terms
Our Site is controlled, administered and operated in the United States. This Privacy Statement is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party. Only if and to the extent permitted by applicable law, use of the Site means that you agree to its terms.
12. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, please contact us at:
This document was last updated on September 15, 2018.
© Copyright 2018 AFB International. All rights reserved.